Company's History

2009 Anniversary year - 40 years WMA

From 29. to 31. January we organised with great success a house exhibition, which found great favor with more than 200 enthusiastic visitors. The newest technology was shown with professional guidance and completed with interesting lectures.




























2008

Extension and reconstruction of the existing company building: Extension of production facilities and extension of construction and office premises and of the exhibition space.









2007

The number of employees growths to more than 30 persons.

2006

Expansion of the construction department and of the CNC production line.

2005

Start of a construction department with Mr Seidel.

Enlargement of our product range by incorporation of Friedrich Wenz company.

The quality management system in accordance with DIN EN ISO 9001:2000 is introduced. Certification number: 12 100 22349 TMS.

WMA becomes general representation of Dengensha for nut feeders and bolt feeders in Germany.



2004

Enlargement from the CNC-Production.

2003

Zertifizierung nach DIN EN ISO 9001:2000.
Zertifikationsnummer: 70 100 1418 TMS.

The quality management system in accordance with DIN EN ISO 9001:2000 is introduced.
Certification number: 70 100 1418 TMS.

Purchase of an mechanical equipment for processing electrodes. Our staff has once more increased.

2002

A retirement party is held for our founder, Reinhard Bittner, who is going into well-earned retirement after 30 years of self-employment. Thus, the generation change comes full circle at WMA Schmidt & Bittner GmbH.
Andreas Bechtle is now sole managing director and member of WMA.


2001

Purchase of a new-technology bending machine for the precision bending of shafts (pinoles) and electrode arms up to a diameter of 70 mm.

2000

expansion of our business Europe-wide. Our staff has now increased to over 20.

1999

We move into the newly-built, large extension, which also houses a testing laboratory. A service center for the repair and maintenance of all types and makes of resistance welding machines is set up.

1998

the quality management system in accordance with DIN EN ISO 9002 is introduced.

1997

The company changes from an OHG (general partnership) to a GmbH (private limited company). The company is now called: WMA Schmidt & Bittner GmbH

1994

Management change.

1979

Relocation to the new premises with increased focusing on the production of electrodes for all areas of resistance welding technology, specialising in the production of tailor-made electrodes to suit the special requirements of the customer.

1975

it became increasingly clear that our business as suppliers of individualised solutions, in addition to standard articles, could only be sustained if the production and warehouse areas were expanded.
A new manufacturing facility has to be built. The new location is to be Ilsfeld-Auenstein on the A81 motorway (Heilbronn-Stuttgart) with its proximity to a well-developed infrastructure.

1974

WMA becomes general distributor for NIMAK welding machines in Baden-Wurttemberg.



1971

a small production section for the conversion of welding machines and the manufacture of special electrodes in accordance with special customer requirements was added to the trade company. Five employees were hired.

Foundation of the company in October 1969

in Ludwigsburg as trade partner for resistance welding technology: service, accessories, electrodes and tools.